The position of Engineer in Training will involve hands on design of mechanical building services under the supervision of a professional engineer. The successful candidate will be placed on a team that will focus on a handful of projects. Our staff is out into the field to witness the construction process firsthand. Opportunities exist for involvement with Plumbing, HVAC, Controls and Fire Systems design and review.
Skills and attributes that are key for this position:
- Strong communicator and relationship building. Your role will involve interacting with clients and other professional design consultants in a team setting and you will need to gain their confidence quickly.
- Ability to work independently. You will have plenty of support, supervision and training, however over time you will be expected to anticipate the next step and progress projects forward on your own.
- A focus on practical problem solving. Our work is technical, but the right person for this role enjoys selecting from existing solutions and supporting a broader group to implement the design in the field.
- An interest in helping clients understand environmental impacts of design choices. TMP is very much involved with real world carbon reduction and the HVAC market is about to undergo the biggest change in its history.
We are looking for candidates with 3 years of experience with these types of specific experiences. The role you are applying for will include these tasks on our projects.
- Site reviews of projects sites; audits and surveys to establish existing conditions with areas that are to be renovated
- Attendance at coordination meetings with other design consultants
- Managing tasks and deadlines for multiple projects at the same time
- HVAC load calculations
- Duct sizing distribution design
- Hot Water building heating systems distribution and sizing
- Plumbing design and familiarity with Ont. Building code requirements
- Fire protection design, especially sprinkler head layout and fire hose cabinet locations
- Construction phase services including shop drawing review, RFI’s, visiting the site, writing job reports and generally involved with solving issues as they arise.
- Experience with Revit is preferred. Many of our projects will rely on dedicated BIM modelers as a specialty position separate from EIT, however there is an expectation for everyone on a project to be very familiar with what we are producing in the model and to be capable of working in Revit and AutoCAD.
Please submit your resume or direct any employment inquiries to email@example.com